Thursday, September 20, 2012

Black Bird Rubber Stamp


 
Here is a hand carved rubber stamp I made a few weeks 
ago for a publication called Gothic Blackbird.
 
I thought it would be interesting to show the 
rubber stamp carving printed on two different 
background colors.
It gives a different feel to the carving
depending on what color paper you stamp on.
 
I love birds, and would most likely carve
them all day if I could!
We recently put a Hummingbird feeder
outside of our kitchen sink window. What a 
fantastic show we have had all Summer long!
We could see all kinds of battles and
aerial dog fights whilst doing our dishes!
Talk about free entertainment :)
 
Another interesting thing that I had never had the 
opportunity to see before, was their little tongue
going in and out after sipping. Just like 
they were licking their 'lips' !
However, for rubber stamp carving I will stick to the
less delicate bird families! 
Unless, of course, someone can convince me otherwise! 

4 comments:

Debra said...

I've been in the middle of some of their battles-and actually worried I'd get jabbed! I guess they navigate pretty well. Love the bird stamp-your work is amazing.

Michelle Morlan said...

Hi Debra!
The flight abilities that God gave them (Hummingbirds) are so amazing!
Glad that you enjoyed the bird carving. I liked his position, you see his back with his head turned toward you. Makes the rubber stamp caving more challenging, and fun, to create it from a different perspective.

Doug Bell said...

Very nice! I like the one on the goldenrod colered background for some reason!

Michelle Morlan said...

Thanks Doug, I think I do, too!