Monday, September 24, 2012

Three New Carvings To Share

 This is an antique rail road lantern
that a customer wanted carved into a rubber stamp. 
I am always interested in carving something
new and different and I really like this image.
I like the holes at the top of the 
lantern, and all of the 
wire work is interesting. They also wanted 
initials carved into the glass globe.
 

Here is a hand carved rubber stamp of some 
Japanese Kanji.
I believe they say Good Luck, Prosperity and 
Long Life
 

These three 'Mid Century' cats were so much 
fun to carve into rubber stamps. I am a huge cat (dog's, too!) fan. 
But something about the 1950's and 1960's style just seems
to have a pull on me. The walking cat is after a silver 
pin that a dear cousin gave me when I was quite young. 
I must have liked it, even then,because 
I have saved it for many years!
 

2 comments:

Debra said...

Michelle~Your art is awesome. Like I said-remember me when you're famous!

Michelle Morlan said...

Debra, thanks so much for the oh so nice comment!